With the tagline of “Invented for life”, Bosch has been a pioneer in manufacturing innovative and valuable power tools and accessories from last century. The factors that attributed to the success of Bosch are its use of latest technology and manufacturing over 100 products every year to lead the market. PS21-2A is the latest impact driver in the list of compact pocket drivers. It is an upgraded version of earlier model PS21, with almost double the power and shorter nose.
- Socket-ready chuck- all-in-one impact driver and impact wrench with a 1/4-inch quick-change hex and 1/2-inch square drive chuck for sockets
- Brushless motor- up to 2 times motor life, superior efficiency for longer runtime and no maintenance
- Performance Control System- select between 3 speed and torque settings to maximize power or minimize fastener damage
- Highest torque in its class - highest torque output in its class at 1650 In/lbs
- Superior ergonomics- smallest grip diameter for best in class ergonomics
- VERSATILE: The Bosch IDH182-02 18V Brushless 1/4 In. and 1/2 In. Socket-Ready Impact Driver allows users to enjoy flexibility on the job, with the Socket-Ready adapter that has a 1/4 In. hex and 1/2 In. square drive in one tool.
- EFFICIENT: The driver is powered by an EC brushless motor that provides up to 2X the motor life, superior efficiency for longer driving runtime and no maintenance. Users can get more done, during the work day and over the life of the tool.
- LONGEVITY: The Bosch Electronic Motor and Cell Protection helps prevent overheating and overloading for extended tool life and runtime.
- VARIABLE SPEED: Featuring the Performance Control System which allows users to select between 3 driving speeds and torque settings with the push of a button to maximize power or minimize fastener damage.
- ERGONOMIC: The Bosch IDH182-02 impact driver features the smallest grip diameter for best in class ergonomics and comfort making it the ideal tool for all-day use.
- COMPACT: The Bosch PS41-2A 12V impact driver offers the shortest head-length of its class at 5.4 in, making it the ideal driver for tight corners and small working spaces.
- LIGHTWEIGHT: At only 2.1 lbs the PS41-2A reduces user fatigue for longer periods of time and during overhead work.
- POWER: Despite its small size, the PS41-2A driver delivers 930 in.-lbs. of max torque. The tool can also produce a no-load BPM of 0-3,100 and a max 2,600 RPM.
- LONGEVITY: With a built-in fuel gauge the Bosch PS41-2A allows for easier battery management for continued work and longer use.
- CONVENIENT: The Bosch PS41-2A hex impact driver kit comes complete with 2 lithium-ion batteries, a BC330 charger, 2 screwdriver bits, and a carrying bag. It also has an LED light ring to help illuminate dark working areas.
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE-TO-SIZE RATIO: Experience our premium performance-to-size ratio or power to weight ratio, which allows for accuracy and precision with the PS31. The PS41 impact driver, has the shortest head length in its class for compact applications. Keep the power, lose the weight for the combo kit drilling and fastening needs. Perfect for a mechanical technician, plumber, electrician, DIY projects, and overall professional use.
- ELECTRICIAN POWER TOOLS DRILL KIT: Our drill kit CLPK22-120 includes one (1) 12V 3/8" Power Drill Driver (PS31), one (1) Impact Driver (PS41), two (2) 12V lithium ion batteries, one (1) 12V charger (BC330), and one (1) carrying bag. Ideal for screw driving, screw removal, drilling applications, overhead drilling, and contractors. Make precise torque adjustments for accurate screw driving, drilling with ease. Perfect for a mechanical technician, plumber, DIY projects, and overall professional use.
- CORDLESS DRILL THAT IS LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABILE: Each drill is lightweight, cordless, and powerful. The PS31 measures seven-inches in length. The PS41 has a short-head. These professional-grade power drills are incredibly lightweight (around two pounds) and ideal for hard-to-reach areas and overhead tasks. Experience integrated LED lights for improved visibility in dark corners and low-light areas.
- POWER TOOLS AND RESILIENT CHASSIS: Our PS31 and PS41 drills are built with Durashield housing, they can handle any conditions. Including a professional jobsite or a dedicated driver in the backyard shed. Durashield is an ABS, nylon composite that delivers tough flexibility. Tested to withstand repeated 12-foot drops, unlike conventional plastic housing. The PS31 tool also features a newly developed 3/8" single-sleeve that is useful for 90 percent of all applications.
- DRILL SET EASY RETURNS: Bosch manufactures and promotes premium quality power tools and products for wood working projects, trim carpentry, fine wood worker, carpenters, men, women, and adults. We are a global, provider that delivers the best in quality, function, style while providing excellent customer service. We stand by our products and we'll refund the purchase within 30-days on quality-related issues along with our 1-year .
- 25-Percent lighter than the competition
- Most compact - 25-Percent Shorter than the competition. The most compact design - Only 5.7-Inch Long!
- Faster and more torque - 2,800 RPM and 1,500 Inch/lbs of torque
- Highest BPM in category - over 3,200 BPM
- Led light - for use in dark areas
Perfect for a variety of drilling and driving applications with multiple speed options and clutch settings to set. Modular and compact, the size is just right to work in any confined space with ease. Ideal for professional carpenter, workshops, electricians and home jobs, the Bosch PS21-2A is equipped with latest features to vouch for. You can also read our guide on best cordless impact wrench.
Benefits of Bosch PS21-2A 2-speed Pocket Driver
- COMPACT: The Bosch PS21-2A 12V pocket driver offers the shortest head-length of its class at 5.6 in, making it the ideal driver for tight corners and small working spaces. At only 1.4 lbs it reduces user fatigue for longer periods of time
- POWER: Despite its small size, the PS21-2A driver delivers 265 in.-lbs. of max torque. It offers two speeds, 0-350 RPM and 0-1,300 RPM allowing users to match speed to the application
- CONTROL: With 20+1 clutch setting, the Bosch pocket driver allows users to have more control
- EFFICIENT: The PS21-2A is easy-to-use with a forward and revers switch to help with speedy screw removal
- CONVENIENT: The PS21-2A driver kit includes 2 12V Max lithium-ion batteries, a 12V max charger, 2 1-1/2 in driver bits, and a carrying bag. It also has a built-in LED light to help illuminate dark working areas
The Bosch PS21-2A is beneficial to those who work in overhead spaces or any other tight corners where traditional impact drivers are difficult to use. This impact driver is not only smaller in size, but is also equipped with LED lighting to let you work in areas with poor lighting.
With Bosch PS21-2A, you are able to do precise screw driving since you have the option of 10+1 clutch settings to choose from. The bit holder of the impact driver is not only solid but also lets you clamp any common bit sizes used in your task. Another advantage of using this universal pocket driver is that you can select the speed from 2 options provided and is much faster than other impact drivers available in the same category of other brands.
The impact driver is powered by long lasting Lithium-Ion batteries which have a higher run-time as compared to Ni-Cd batteries. The batteries have quick recharging capability with full charging in thirty minutes’ duration. Unlike other batteries, these batteries do not get discharged due to inbuilt cell protection system.
Features of Bosch PS21-2A Pocket Driver
Power and Speed
The Bosch PS21-2A is able to deliver 265 Inch-pounds of torque despite being so compact in size. The impact driver delivers a high torque which is almost 25% more than its competitors. There are 2 ranges of speed to select from. 1st speed range is 0-350 RPM and 2nd range is 0 to 1300 RPM, which is far better than other pocket drivers available in the market. The pocket delivers the power, sufficient to drill metal and wood without any hassles.
For high precision in work quality, variable speed trigger is provided to change the speed of the motor according to the job demands. A control button is provided to change the reverse and forward operation to loosen or fastening jobs. For fast and continuous screwing job, a break control is provided to stop the motor. Torque adjustments are provided right on the front of drill for easy control. The 10+1 clutch settings prevent the application of over torque on sensitive material and with MAX settings, you are able to drill small holes with great accuracy and control.
The Bosch uses the precise technology that makes the handling of this pocket driver as comfortable as possible. The handle is ergonomically designed with ultra-soft grip to let you work for longer periods without any complaints. The bit change is quite easy with a click-change functionality and the bits are completely secured due to magnetized chuck, adding another comfort level to its operation.
Having just 1.8 pounds of weight and 5.6 Inches of length, the Bosch pocket driver is ready to work in any confined space, overhead tasks and can be operated at any angle on the job. The driver can be carried in a pocket or tied to tool belt in case you want to move from one working place to another. Due to its compact size, the pocket driver from Bosch takes the minimum, space upon its storage.
High charging capacity
The Bosch cordless drill is powered by most efficient Lithium Ion batteries, available to date. The lithium Ion batteries deliver longer charge retention and faster charging.
The cordless impact drill is covered under Pro-vantage guarantee under which you get one year of replacement warranty and repair warranty for the next two years. The batteries are also covered under this plan under which you get full 2-year battery replacement warranty.
- Torque: 265 In-pounds
- LED light: Yes
- No Load speed: 1300 RPM
- Voltage: 12V
- Power Type: Battery
- Batteries Included: Yes
- Warranty: 3-years
- Compact and Lightweight design equipped with LEDs, ideal for operating the driver in restricted and dark places.
- Despite small in size, the Bosch impact driver offers high torque in its class of pocket drivers.
- Option to select low or high gears depending upon the fast pace for light jobs or drilling on heavy materials.
- Easy to hold and carry due to small size and firm gripping.
- Better control due to variable speed trigger.
- The Bosch cordless drill comes with 2 number of battery packs and a fast charger.
- The 3-year warranty includes a 30-day money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the performance.
The pocket driver does not come with a closed chuck so there might be little problem in using standard bits otherwise the driver works with all the bits that have a hexagonal base.
The Bosch cordless drill is a power drill that is light in weight, maintains a good balance in the hand and easy on the pocket. This Bosch PS21-2A Pocket Driver can be used by any gender or age group owing to its compactness and multi-control features. Buying this pocket driver from Bosch is highly recommended.
My review and recommendation
Installation, Warranty, maintenance
Out of total 320 Amazon buyers of Bosch Impact Driver, around 92% of them, have rated it with 4-5 stars. Here is our recommendation for this stunning product